Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A tiger cub needs the care of a mom that's a tigress, not a..."cougar" - custom maximum card (USA) that I created


I ordered that nice photo print in a postcard size 10x15cm (4x6 "), and I can attach anytime a postcard-backing paper, if I want.
Or, I can re-order it as a postcard, from the print shop.

The stamp is my design at Zazzle.
In the enlarged image below, look how thrilled is the tiger cub that his mom plays with him!
"Open up your loving arms!"...:)





The postmark is from my Mailers' Postmark Permit canceller, my own official/legal/valid postmarking device.
How concordant is the postmark with the stamp and the postcard?
Well, the postcard image shows tigers from the Berlin Zoo (Germany, I suppose, 'cause we have Berlin localities in USA, too).
The stamp image shows tigers from the Buffalo, New York Zoo.
My Sterling, VA postmark is concordant at least on a zoomed-out level (both states of Virginia and New York are in USA).
Do I attempt to focus my MC (maximum card) only on a specific Zoo? On specific tigers?





I just want to focus my MC on the general relationship between a tiger cub and his mother.



A Zazzle custom stamp [= custom(ized) postage, personalized stamp, personalised stamp] has a thin plastic coating, to prevent fraud by laser-printing, and to prevent the obscuring of the IBI (information-based indicia; the black and white little squares) by the ink of the postmark.

How can you get a postmark onto a Zazzle stamp?
A USPS postal associate may, or may not agree to postmark it. Officially, "it doesn't require a postmark".
I interpret that as "it's still OK to postmark it on (nice) demand, for philatelic purposes."

I had to use a trick that George C. and some other maximaphilists around the world have experimented with: harsh dishwashing scrub pad (cut out a thumb-size square), used carefully to dull the glossiness of the postcard.
Any brand name: Scotch Brite, etc. would do.



So I scrubbed just right, with "the Midas touch" ["special touch", though not transforming anything into gold :) ], the matte postcard and the plastic-coated zazzle stamp.
Thus, the postmark ink was absorbed well-enough. 
You can see the postmark, can't you?

My good friend/MACSU colleague/mentor/client George Constantourakis (Canada) knows a trick or two (or 1001) about maximaphily.
After all, he is the current President of the Commission for Maximaphily from FIP (The International Philatelic Federation), for God's sake!!!
:) :) :)