Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Apps are displacing the WWW from your time and focus.You HAVE to read this: The Web Is Dead. Long Live the Internet.

You already know that the world wide web (WWW) is just a part of the Internet. But do you realize that the apps are displacing the WWW from your time and focus? All those applications you run from your smartphone, TV, etc.? Read carefully this VERY interesting duplex article from WIRED magazine.

While we focus on Information Technology updates in this blogpost, here's a very rare and cool item: a space-theme cover, with a Technology Day Station pictorial postmark from 2006.

I never met an extraterrestrial [ :) ], but I did meet people who have been in Cosmos.

First I met cosmonaut Dumitru "Dorin" Prunariu (Romania). My mother is his former biology teacher in elementary school.

Then I met astronaut Henry "Hank" Hartsfield Jr. (USA)
We shook hands and he autographed this space cover for me (COSMOS3b, in my photobucket.com album "dorincard").