Sunday, August 1, 2010

Paradise birdwing (Ornithoptera paradisea) /male - beautiful butterfly postage from Zazzle.com

Paradise birdwing (male) - beautiful butterfly postage from Zazzle.com

My philatelic friend Jean-Michel Maes (jmmaes at http://www.myphilately.com ) is an avid Belgian entomologist, currently living and working in Nicaragua.
He said that the Paradise Birdwing is one of the most beautiful butterflies in the world.
I have created a stamp and dedicated it to him (read the text on the stamp design!).
Zazzle initially rejected my design because it had the word STAMPS on it.
I fixed the "problem" by saying PHILATELY, instead. :)

Notice how I created a stamp border with a matching color. :)

The point for you, my reader here and now, is that (almost) any stamp can be created WITH A DEDICATION, TOO, unless you violate some policy.