Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween! Bram Stoker's Dracula, and more - maximum cards, circulated covers, etc.


I have created this maximum card by sending the stamped postcard (I have affixed the stamp) to the post office in Hollywood, California, ZIP code 90028.

This is the back of the first postcard.

This is a "musical" folded card, with Lugosi/Dracula's voice recording! :)


"Lugosi, the youngest of four children,[3] was born as Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó in Lugos (at the time part of Austria–Hungary, now Lugoj in Romania), to Paula de Vojnich and István Blasko, a banker.[4] He later based his last name on his hometown.[3]"


See the stamp "Giving blood saves lives"? I thought I should use it on this cover. :)


I am one of the men in the above maximum card image. :)









These are 4 different attempted maxicards, scanned in one pass. I am still waiting for the Hollywood 90028 Post Office (Hello, Brenda J. or Postmaster!) to postmark them and return them to me, in my prepaid return envelope. Don't tell me you were sloppy enough to lose them! You did a good job in the past. :)
UPDATE: I just received those items, with courtesy postmarks from Aug. 4, inside a new Priority Mail envelope, not the envelope that I provided for return. Why the delay? Anyway, I'm glad I finally got them. Thank you! :)