Thursday, April 8, 2010

Great deal on Hebrewbooks hard drive

The amazing HebrewBooks.org is offering a special on the external hard drive version of the site. 40,000 seforim for $100 (although it's $120 in Israel) on a 500 mb hard disk drive. It includes everything on the site through the end of 2009, and I think updates will be available.

You can buy it or order it online at:

Eichler's Boro Park
Eichler's Flatbush

To order in Israel, call 057-3144036.



I've been downloading seforim from hebrewbooks for years, but it was only about a year ago that I began adding the tag "hb" to the files I downloaded, so I don't have a true picture of how many I have. But the ones with the tag number about 250, and it's fair to estimate that I downloaded about that same number before I started marking the files. That only adds up to only 1/80th of the whole staggering collection that's available in this deal.