Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Maximaphily blog oddity: reverse side dorincard/MC/maximum card, potentially




Some of the most beautiful American postcards are printed in Italy. Grazie! :)
Some of them have the same image (or a different one) on the reverse of the postcard (the address side), only much more faded. The above one is printed in USA, though. :)
Wild idea: what if I create a dorincard/maximum card, focusing on the reverse side? In the above images, I could have put the bison stamp on the address side, then have it postmarked there with the bison pictorial postmark.
"Heresy!"..."Outrageous!"...I hear voices of some of the ultra-purist maximaphilists.
What if I do a real mailing like this: I affix a white label on the picture side, with the address on it. Also, enough postage for the appropriate rate, also on the picture side (the clock stamp, in this case).
I transform then the initial address side into the new picture side: I put the matching stamp on the faded image, then obtain the matching postmark on it.
Think about it. Turning the sides.
Why?
Because the faded image allows much better visibility for the postmark.
I'll do it, for experimental purposes.
----------
Incidentally, but not accidentally, I have this bison pictorial postmark on Avery 8665 [almost] transparent mailing address labels rectangular cut-outs. I cut them from full-page sheets.
Yes, it's not FIP-compliant, 'cause I'm using a label; so the stamp is not "tied" to the postcard by the postmark.
So what?
I am not eager to exhibit offline, so I am not bound by any FIP rules for judging maximaphily exhibits.
:)










I still have most of the above pictorially-postmarked stamps on postcard-size labels, transparent or white.
I could even create a cachet/image on a label that has only 1 postmarked stamp, and create an original maximum card. 
Non-FIP, of course.
Experimenting is fun. :)