Monday, February 14, 2011

BBC: First Valentine: Lasting legacy of 500-year-old love. Also, "Hellelil and Hildebrand: The meeting on the turret stair", my maximum card idea, my entry for Happy Blue Monday! (meme). Happy Valentine's (Voluntyne's) Day



Read from BBC (but please read also this blogpost, while you are at it): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12419712
"In 1477 Margery wrote a letter to her John pleading with him not to give her up, despite her parents' refusal to increase her dowry.

Addressing her "ryght welebeloued Voluntyne" (right well-beloved Valentine), she promised to
 be a good wife, adding: "Yf that ye loffe me as Itryste verely that ye do 
ye will not leffe me" (If you love me, I trust.. you will not leave
 me)."

==========
I would like to create a maximum  card/ maxicard/ dorincard with this Irish postcard, showing the Meeting on the Turret Stairs, 1864 (also known as Hellelil and Hildebrand), a famous painting by Sir Frederic William Burton RHA (8 April 1816 – 16 March 1900). 


To me, this great painting is a whole book/drama condensed in one image.
I could write quite a few observations about body language and the meaning of this image, as a whole, and in specific detail.
But soakin' [so can] you. Please comment, will you?
Everybody would have his own interpretation of this, more or less original, more or less credible.

Well, after you think about it, read this:


I should research if there is already a stamp (Ireland/ any other country?) with it, then create a maximum card, if possible.
:)

Here's an interesting postmark of a knight in shining armor (don't worry about the stamp -  I did not have a matching one available):





=============
Happy Blue Monday! (meme)