Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Geopolitical Journey, Part 8: Returning Home | STRATFOR - and remember the Pearl Harbor attack

Geopolitical Journey, Part 8: Returning Home | STRATFOR

===============
Maybe some Europeans disregard or dismiss now the importance of USA (who saved their asses more than once).
But I say that USA is also the dream of freedom for many (most?) people from around the world. Despite all the problems and mistakes.

Whoever "You" are: "Don't tread on me!"..."Don't mess with me!"..."Don't provoke me!"..."Don't [F] with me!"..."Don't attack me!"...Coz if you do, you'll have a rude(r) awakening, and you'll see that I [USA] can do much more than...mass-print "Wal-Mart dollars". :)

"Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto is portrayed at the very end of the 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora!, and in the 2001 film Pearl Harbor, as saying after his attack on Pearl Harbor, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."[1] The supposed quotation was abbreviated in the film Pearl Harbor (2001), where it merely read, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant."


"In The Reluctant Admiral, Hiroyuki Agawa, without a citation, does give a quotation from a reply by Admiral Yamamoto to Ogata Taketora on January 9, 1942, which is strikingly similar to the famous version: "A military man can scarcely pride himself on having 'smitten a sleeping enemy'; it is more a matter of shame, simply, for the one smitten. I would rather you made your appraisal after seeing what the enemy does, since it is certain that, angered and outraged, he will soon launch a determined counterattack.""
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoroku_Yamamoto's_sleeping_giant_quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor