Friday, November 5, 2010

It is never SCALING back -The Chinese Pangolin (Manis pentadactyla). Maximum card from Taiwan/ Republic of China

This is another maximum card from Taiwan/Republic of China, made specially for me, at my specific request, by my good friend Shu-i. Thank you, again! :)
She managed to professionally custom-create this postcard, as well as others for the other animal stamps that I indicated. Then she affixed the stamp and had it handcancelled at the Post Office.
I'd love to have such a philatelic partner/friend in every country in the world...:)
And I am returning the favor - I am not just requesting items. I am offering, as well.
"If you want to HAVE a friend, you have TO BE one." :)

The Chinese Pangolin (Manis pentadactyla) is a very interesting animal. Read for yourself. There are 8 species of pangolins in Asia and Africa.
The keratin plates, razor-sharp, are a great armor. Sisterhood of ants, bite me!
"pangolin (pronounced /ˈpæŋɡəlɪn/), also scaly anteater or Tenggiling, is a mammal of the order Pholidota. There is only one extant family (Manidae) and one genus (Manis) of pangolins, comprising eight species. There are also a number of extinct taxa. Pangolins have large keratin scales covering their skin and are the only mammals with this adaptation.[2] They are found in tropical regions of Africa and Asia. The name "pangolin" derives from the Malay word pengguling("something that rolls up")."


How to raid a cathedral:
The pangolin raids a termite cathedral mound for a meal.


When the going gets tough, just...hang on!


==================
Happy PFF (Postcard Friendship Friday)!